heather62981

heather62981

Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin Books)

Tangled Threads - Jennifer Estep There are some style issues that are really bugging me. Maybe I'm noticing it more because I'm reading straight through, but the repetition is ridiculous. I get refreshing the reader, but the same thing is repeated multiple times in each book, and by the time I'm on the 4th in a series, I don't need that much of a reminder. Also, the constant use of both first and last names for practically every character is annoying. But the biggest thing that's driving me crazy is the overuse of triple words. Enemy, enemy, enemy. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. It's consistent enough that it's pulling me out of the story every time I see it. I have some character issues - the thing with Caine is so big in Gin's mind, but as a reader, it never resonated as THAT significant to me, certainly not to the point it's gotten to now - but honestly, Gin is probably the character I connect to the least, so I can get past them. I'd like to see some development of Finn...he's pretty static so far, and it seems like there's got to be more dimension there. But more than that, I really want Sophia's story. So despite these issues, I'll keep reading.