heather62981

heather62981

Rebel Belle

Rebel Belle - Rachel Hawkins I want to give this 5 stars, but I can't, and I'm honestly not exactly sure why. I think it may be tweaky things that will be fixed between the ARC and the final published book, but until I can reread a final version, I can't be sure. Of course, I have a totally huge crush on fellow Alabama girl Rachel Hawkins (seriously, we should be BFFs), so I could be biased, but I loved Harper and David. And Ryan and even Bee, who I didn't expect to like going in. Maybe it's because the author is actually from Alabama, but she managed to capture a lot of the truth of small town Alabama (or small town South in general) without it becoming a caricature or a cliche. To be fair, the setting wasn't used almost like a character here like in some other recent books, so that probably helps, but I still felt like I recognized so much of Pine Grove. I also understood and identified with a lot about Harper, even things that weren't discussed in the book, just because I grew up with some of the same expectations and settings - although I never did Cotillion. ;-) The problem with having an ARC is that now it's just that much longer that I have to wait for the next book, and quite frankly, I want it now!